My name is Laurent Bannock and I am the founder of Guru Performance. I’m a Nutritionist, Exercise Physiologist, and Lecturer specialising in performance (sports) nutrition, weight management, physique transformation, metabolic fitness testing, and wellness for active people, athletes, overweight & obese people. I work with all kinds of people from all walks of life who share a common interest in being fit and healthy.
In addition to recreational athletes (active members of the public) I work with various types of elite athletes, who want that extra edge in becoming the best they can be in their chosen sports or disciplines . I am also the team Performance Nutritionist to London Irish premier league Rugby Club. I have also been the team performance nutritionist to London Scottish Rugby Club – currently in the championship league, and super league rugby club, London Broncos.
I have been involved in health, wellness, nutrition and fitness since 1992 – and have worked with many people from all over the world to help them realise their goal of being super healthy and in fantastic physical shape both face to face and more recently remotely (via telephone/Skype/email etc). My career has taken me all over the world, including 8 years in the US. I have had many interesting experiences and achievements, including being an expert presenter on several TV shows for which I also helped create the technical concepts to (‘Fat Academy’ – Discovery Health Chanel UK / 2002, and ‘Why Weight’ – Chanel 4 UK / 2001).
I am regularly quoted or featured in numerous UK and US press & publications, including being a columnist on performance nutrition for MMA Uncaged Magazine (UK) & resident nutrition expert & columnist for Men’s Fitness Magazine (UK), and you can find my regular monthly contributions in the ‘Eat Fit’ section of the magazine, as well as other contributions and expert quotes elsewhere in the magazine most months.
In addition to being a practitioner I lecture & teach workshops extensively in performance nutrition and am a visiting lecturer on the University of Westminster’s Masters Degree in Sports & Exercise Nutrition program. I am also the UK Ambassador for the International Society for Sports Nutrition, a highly respected academic organisation that produces a pier reviewed journal (JISSN), and confers internationally recognized certifications for highly qualified sports nutritionists.
Some of My Qualifications:
After almost 22 years since starting my initial education in health & fitness I will this September (2013) start researching towards my Professional Doctorate (DProf) in Health Sciences at the University of Westminster.
- Master of Science in Exercise Science & Health Promotion (California University of Pennysvalnia, USA)
- Master of Science in Nutrition (Huntington College of Health Sciences, USA)
- Diploma in Sports Nutrition (Huntington College of Health Sciences, USA)
- Certified Sports Nutritionist (International Society for Sports Nutrition, USA)
- Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist (National Strength & Conditioning Association, USA)
- ISAK Level 1* (International Society for the Advancement of Kinanthropometry) (* Certification pending: passed exam & preparing required case studies)
- Registered Sports & Exercise Nutritionist (Graduate Register) (Sport & Exercise Nutrition Register / The British Dietetic Association)
- Professional Member (International Society for Sports Nutrition)
- Professional Member (British Association of Sport & Exercise Scientists)
- Professional Member (PINES – Professionals in Nutrition for Exercise & Sport)
- Senior Associate (Royal Society of Medicine)