Core Texts (Required)
The following Text Books are required as they form an essential part of the core curriculum:
- Essentials of Sports Nutrition and Supplements.
Antonio, J.; Kalman, D.; Stout, J.R.; Greenwood, M.; Willoughby, D.S.; Haff, G.G. (Eds.) 2008, Approx. 875 p. 123 illus. With CD-ROM., Hardcover, ISBN: 978-1-58829-611-5.
- Sports Nutrition & Performance Enhancing Supplements – (Eds. Abbie Smith-Ryan PhD and Jose Antonio PhD. ISBN: 1-60797-339-1. Linus Books. 2013)
- Biochemistry for Sport and Exercise Metabolism – (Don Maclaren PhD and James Morton PhD. ISBN 978-0-470-09185-2. Wiley-Blackwell. 2012)
- Pocket Guide to Critical Appraisal – (Ian Crombie. ISBN 072791099X. Wiley Blackwell).
Recommended Texts (Optional)
Depending on your prior education, the following texts may also be recommend to support your studies or even as a pre-course reading requirement (to be determined by the course director in your interview and acceptance offer):
- NSCA’s Guide to Sport and Exercise Nutrition – (Bill Campbell PhD & Marie Spano MS. ISBN-13: 9780736083492. Human Kinetics. 2011)
- Exercise and Sport Nutrition: Principles, Promises, Science and Recommendations. Authors: Richard Kreider, Brian Leutholtz, Frank Katch and Victor Katch. Publisher: Fitness Technologies Press. ISBN-10: 0974296562 2009.
- Essentials of Strength Training and Conditioning – (Eds. Thomas R. Baechle, EdD, Roger W. Earle, MA. ISBN-13: 9780736084659. Human Kinetics. 2008)
- Clinical Sports Nutrition – (Louise Burke PhD and Vicki Deakin MSc. ISBN: 978-0070277720-5. McGraw Hill Medical. 2010)
The following resources are recommended to all our students & those interested in sports and exercise nutrition:
- The International Society of Sports Nutrition – For information on the ISSN and its activities, membership, conferences, certifications etc.
- The Journal of The International Society of Sports Nutrition – JISSN focuses on the acute and chronic effects of sports nutrition and supplementation strategies on body composition, physical performance and metabolism.
- Examine.com – An independent organization that presents unbiased research on supplements and nutrition. They currently have over 25000 references to scientific papers.