Episode 105 of the Guru Performance ‘We Do Science’ podcast! In this episode, I (Laurent Bannock) discuss ‘To Supplement, or Not to Supplement” with Professor Craig Sale (Nottingham Trent University, UK).
In this session we get into:
- Defining Supplements
- Food vs Supplements
- Do Sports Supplements Work?
- The Evidence Base for Supplements
- Effectiveness of Supplements
- Doping and Contamination Risks
Key Papers / Resources:
- IOC consensus statement: dietary supplements and the high-performance athlete
- Guru Performance Institute Position Stand #5 – Practical Considerations for Supplement Use in Sport
- SENr Position Statement on Supplement Use in Sport
- ResearchGate for Professor Craig Sale
SUBSCRIBE TO THE GURU PERFORMANCE PODCAST:
For the full catalogue of the Guru Performance We Do Science Podcast, including MP3 downloads, web player etc – go to our Libsyn Syndication Web Page