Tag: Creatine Monohydrate
Episode 73 of the Guru Performance ‘We Do Science’ Podcast! In this episode I (Laurent Bannock) discuss ‘Creatine for Health & Performance’ with Professor Eric Rawson, Bloomsburg University, USA. In this session we get into:
- Overview of Creatine
- Creatine Metabolism & Mechanisms of Action
- Creatine and Muscle Performance
- Creatine and Brain Function
- Creatine for Athletic Performance & Optimal Living
- Therapeutic Potential for Creatine Supplementation
- Creatine Related Myths & What the Evidence Says
- Supplementation Strategies and Caveats
- In sickness and in health: The widespread application of creatine supplementation – Gualano et al.
- ResearchGate for Professor Eric Rawson
SUBSCRIBE TO THE GURU PERFORMANCE PODCAST:
For the full catalogue of the Guru Performance We Do Science Podcast, including MP3 downloads, web player etc – go to our Libsyn Syndication Web Page
Creatine supplements are ‘ergogenic’ aids used to increase high-intensity athletic performance. Researchers have known of the use of creatine as an energy source by skeletal muscles since the middle of the 20th century. They were popularized as a performance-enhancing supplement beginning in the 1990s. But what is creatine and how do you actually use it, in this video I discuss the facts about Creatine you need to know.