ISSN Graduate Diploma Program Overview
ISSN Graduate Diploma
- The ISSN Graduate Diploma is one of the leading qualifications you can earn in Applied Sports and Exercise Nutrition
- Applied Sport and Exercise Nutrition is transdisciplinary (i.e. not just science) and that is the unique focus of our program
- Delivered by leading experts and recognised internationally
- Specifically designed to bridge the gap between science and practice such as university studies and applied practice
- The ISSN Graduate Diploma is a 1 to 2-year part-time program which has been designed to fit around your busy work/life / academic schedule. There are no deadlines, you may complete each module at your own pace.
- You can study 100% online (Distance Learning) or study online plus attend Taught Weekend sessions (Blended Learning)
- In as little as 9 months (full-time, fast-track), you can graduate with the prestigious ISSN Graduate Diploma in Applied Sports and Exercise Nutrition (Dip.ISSN) and will be a Certified Sports Nutritionist under the International Society for Sports Nutrition (CISSN) – ‘John Smith dip.ISSN, CISSN’
- Many graduates of the ISSN Graduate Diploma work for top-level National and International Teams, as well as for National and International Institutes and Organisations
- The ISSN Graduate Diploma provides an excellent opportunity to develop your own professional network
Download the Prospectus (brochure)
for comprehensive course information
Your learning journey
The course has received worldwide praise and recognition. It is internationally recognised and fully accredited by the International Society of Sports Nutrition (ISSN), the American College of Sports Medicine (CEC), the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA CEU), and Middlesex University, London, UK (for APEL onto the MSc ‘Top Up’ Option). Our lectures (live and video versions) are also endorsed for CPD by the UK Sports and Exercise Nutrition Register and the British Dietetic Association – and the ISSN Graduate Diploma may also help those with suitable qualifications achieve graduate registration with SENr.
Master’s Degree ‘Top Up’
Successful graduates of the ISSN Diploma postgraduate program now have the opportunity to ‘Top Up’ their post graduate level ISSN Diploma to earn a graduate degree and will be eligible to apply for a place on the NEW Master of Science in Sports & Exercise Nutrition program at Middlesex University that starts in September 2015 (subject to validation), also led by Laurent Bannock. ISSN Diploma Graduates will be able to transfer up to 60 credits (equivalent to the first 2 MSc program modules: (1) Nutrition & Exercise Physiology and (2) Sports Nutrition Science Modules – which have already been covered in the ISSN Diploma curriculum), and therefore ‘continue’ their post graduate education with 3 additional modules to include (1) Research Methods, (2) Work Placement, and the (3) Masters Dissertation. Being a graduate of the ISSN Diploma does not guarantee a place onto the MSc, applicants are still required to submit an application, & attend an interview with the program leader (Laurent Bannock). For more information on this MSc program, please refer to the course details web page at Middlesex University.
Other Masters’ Degree Options
We are also currently in the process of obtaining special ‘relationships’ with a variety of other institutions for recognition of the ISSN Diploma, for eligibility and or transfer of credits. As with all postgraduate courses, eligibility and success in applying are based on a number of criteria including your education, experience, and other factors the course leaders deem important. Thus far, ISSN Diploma Graduates have successfully applied for places on the following post graduate programs:
- Nottingham Trent University (UK): Master of Research (MRes) Performance Nutrition
- Liverpool John Moores University (UK): Master of Science (MSc) in Sports Nutrition
- St. Mary’s University (UK): Master of Science (MSc) in Exercise Physiology