Diploma in Performance Nutrition Overview
- The Diploma in Performance Nutrition is one of the leading professional education programs you can undertake in Sport and Exercise Nutrition
- Performance Nutrition (AKA Applied Sport and Exercise Nutrition) is transdisciplinary (i.e. not just science) and that is the unique focus of our program
- A post-graduate level, professional practice focussed program
- Delivered by leading experts and recognised internationally
- Specifically designed to bridge the gap between science and practice (such as university studies and real-world practice)
- Our Diploma in Performance Nutrition is a 1-year self-paced program which has been designed to fit around your busy work/life / academic schedule.
- You can study 100% online (Distance Learning)
- In as little as 8-12 months, you can graduate with our prestigious Diploma in Performance Nutrition
- Many graduates of our Diploma program work for top-level national and international sports teams, as well as for national and international institutes and organisations
- The Diploma in Performance Nutrition enables eligibility, and prepares candidates, for the International Society for Sport Nutrition’s ‘Certified Sports Nutritionist’ (CISSN) certification exam
- For those with suitable additional qualifications (i.e. BSc or MSc in Nutrition, Sport Science etc), the Diploma will support an application for graduate registration with The UK Sport and Exercise Nutrition Register (SENr) (refer to course prospectus for more details)
- Graduates of the Diploma will be eligible to apply for a place on an MSc in Sports Nutrition, also available 100% online (to be announced early 2019)
Your learning journey
The course is internationally recognised and accredited by a variety of academic and professional bodies to include: the International Society of Sports Nutrition (for eligibility to take the CISSN examination), the American College of Sports Medicine (for CEC), the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA, for CEU), and Middlesex University, London, UK (for APEL onto the MSc ‘Top Up’ Option). Our lectures (live and video versions) are also endorsed for CPD by the UK Sports and Exercise Nutrition Register and the British Dietetic Association – and our Diploma program may also help those with suitable qualifications achieve graduate registration with SENr.
Master’s Degree Options
NEWS: New MSc (Online) to be announced soon
We are excited to announce that a NEW MSc in Sports Nutrition (available 100% online) will be available to our graduates as of September 2019 (details to be announced soon). Designed and directed by Dr Laurent Bannock in collaboration with a UK University.
Middlesex University, London
Successful graduates of the Diploma in Performance Nutrition have the opportunity to ‘Top Up’ their studies to earn a post-graduate degree and will be eligible to apply for a place on the Master of Science in Sports & Exercise Nutrition program at Middlesex University. Diploma in Performance Nutrition (previously titled ISSN Diploma) graduates will have the opportunity to transfer up to 60 credits (equivalent to the first 2 MSc program modules: (1) Nutrition & Exercise Physiology and (2) Sports Nutrition Science Modules – which have already been covered in the Diploma in Performance Nutrition curriculum), and therefore ‘continue’ their post-graduate education with 3 additional modules to include (1) Research Methods, (2) Work Placement, and the (3) Masters Dissertation. Being a graduate of the Diploma in Performance Nutrition does not guarantee a place onto the MSc, applicants are still required to submit an application, and maybe required to attend an interview with the program leader. For more information on this MSc program, please refer to the course details web page at Middlesex University.
Other Masters’ Degree Options
We are also currently in the process of obtaining special ‘relationships’ with a variety of other institutions for recognition of the Diploma in Performance Nutrition (formerly ISSN Diploma), for eligibility and or transfer of credits. As with all postgraduate courses, eligibility and success in applying are based on a number of criteria including your education, experience, and other factors the course leaders deem important. Thus far, our graduates have successfully applied for places on the following post graduate programs:
- Nottingham Trent University (UK): Master of Research (MRes) Performance Nutrition
- Liverpool John Moores University (UK): Master of Science (MSc) in Sports Nutrition
- St. Mary’s University (UK): Master of Science (MSc) in Exercise Physiology