Episode 107 – “Nutrition for Travelling Athletes” with Dr Shona Halson
Episode 107 of the Guru Performance ‘We Do Science’ podcast! In this episode, I (Laurent Bannock) discuss “Nutrition for Travelling Athletes” with Dr Shona Halson PhD (Australian Catholic University, Australia).
In this session we get into:
- Travel and health/performance implications for athletes & teams
- Meal timing and composition
- Travel fatigue
- Eating strategies en-route
- Travel hygiene
- Catering in a new / different environment
Key Papers / Resources:
- Paper Discussed: “Nutrition for Travel- from Jetlag to Catering”. IJSNEM (2018), Halson S, Pierce J, Burke, L.
- ResearchGate for Dr Shona Halson
SUBSCRIBE TO THE GURU PERFORMANCE PODCAST:
For the full catalogue of the Guru Performance We Do Science Podcast, including MP3 downloads, web player etc – go to our Libsyn Syndication Web Page