Episode 94 – ‘Physiology of Champions’ with Michael Joyner MD
Episode 94 of the Guru Performance ‘We Do Science’ Podcast! In this episode I (Laurent Bannock) discuss ‘Physiology of Champions’ with Michael Joyner MD, Mayo Clinic, USA.
- Faster, Higher, Stronger: Integrative Physiology as ‘Experiments in Nature’.
- Science Informs Practice v Practice Informs Science
- Scientific Reductionism and Human Performance Practice
- Historical and Current Views of Human Performance (primarily endurance athlete context)
- VO2 Max / VO2 Performance, Lactate Threshold, Efficiency, Recovery etc
- Limiting Factors to Optimal Human Performance
Key Papers / Resources:
SUBSCRIBE TO THE GURU PERFORMANCE PODCAST:
For the full catalogue of the Guru Performance We Do Science Podcast, including MP3 downloads, web player etc – go to our Libsyn Syndication Web Page