Episode 96 of the Guru Performance ‘We Do Science’ Podcast! In this episode I (Laurent Bannock) discuss ‘Integrative Exercise Biology’ with Prof John Hawley PhD, Mary MacKillop Institute for Health Research, Australian Catholic University (ACU), Australia.
- Defining ‘Integrative Exercise Biology’
- Reductionism in Sport Science
- Exercise as a ‘Normal’ Human State
- Muscle and Cross Talk with Organs
- ‘Exercise Mimetics’ – Exercise in a Pill?
- Nutritional Influences
- Translational Concepts in Exercise Biology
- Science To Practice
Key Papers / Resources:
SUBSCRIBE TO THE GURU PERFORMANCE PODCAST:
For the full catalogue of the Guru Performance We Do Science Podcast, including MP3 downloads, web player etc – go to our Libsyn Syndication Web Page